Wednesday, February 15, 2006

News Flash: An Unprecedented Three Interesting Shows in a Row in Eureka

Friday:
Le Ton Mite and L'Ocelle Mare at Ramone's

Saturday:
McCoy Tyner at the Van Duzer Theater

Sunday:
Red Shift (featuring a dude who used to live in Fortuna who is an incredible vibraphone player) at the Pearl.

It's like living in a real city again!

Writing update: The first
Bandoppler piece -- a double review of Rilo Kiley side projects -- is done and available for reading here. Killing the Buddha piece waiting for more edits. Tentative essay on the Black Eyed Peas for a NoCal weekly in March. Pitches for reviews floundering. Pitches for Danielson features floundering.

1 comment:

noneuclidean said...

I would like to hear you think of "The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers." They have an album for free download at prayersandtears.com . I (the guy who rarely enjoys any Christian music at all, and who thinks rock is either dead, or on its last breath) think their pretty darn good. I wrote a blog about the album myself, but I would be very interested to hear what you think.
Shalom
noneuclidean